• If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Stop wasting time looking for files and revisions. Connect your Gmail, DriveDropbox, and Slack accounts and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio will automatically organize all your file attachments. Learn more and claim your free account.


Travel Reimbursements

Page history last edited by Chris Mankovich 3 years ago

For help with travel reimbursements, consult graduate advisor David Sugg. General advice is listed below.


One can apply for a reimbursement before a trip by using the travel advance form (right click, save as...).  This is helpful e.g. if you buy an expensive plan ticket months before a trip. Note that a post travel reimbursement form must then be completed upon returning.


Whether or not a travel advance form is completed, one must complete a post travel expenses form (right click, save as...) for reimbursement after returning from a trip.


Note the following:

  • Any expense over $75 requires a receipt
    • this includes airfare and lodging 
  • You are only allowed up to $62 a day for meals and incidentals, effective mid-October 2017
  • You are allowed up to $275 a day for lodging, effective mid-October 2017
  • Attach a note clarifying who will be paying for your travel 
  • Print out the form, attach receipts, and turn it in to the graduate advisor, David Sugg
  • AirfareThe only key rule is that you buy on a U.S. carrier. Code sharing is fine (i.e. buying a ticket from United that ultimately is a plane flown by Lufthansa). To find out more read this and this



Typically, travel is paid for by a student's advisor, but if the student does not have an advisor, or an advisor is unwilling to pay for travel, funding is available from the Graduate Student Association (GSA).

GSA Travel Grants: up to $500, typically given as long as the form is filled out correctly.

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.